Submission Due Date: Friday, 27 September 2019
This year the Ozwater’20 program planning committee is calling for a more simplified EOI for workshops / panels during the ‘Call for Papers’ process. These EOIs will then be considered by the program planning committee alongside the abstracts submitted and from the EOI’s a shortlist will be formed. At that point we will then seek more specific details on speakers and format. The timeline for this is outlined below.
Ozwater’20 will have 14 workshop / panel positions available. Here are the key features of the workshop / panel program for Ozwater’20:
- The workshops & panels will be scheduled on day one (Tuesday, 5 May) and day two (Wednesday, 6 May) only.
- The workshops & panels will all run from 4.00pm-5.30pm for a 90-minute duration. Delegates will pick their technical sessions from 8 streams during the day and then following afternoon tea will be able to select an interactive workshop/panel to attend to round out the day.
- Ozwater’20 sub-themes are highlighted below and workshops / panels should link to one of these.
- The vision for the workshops/panels is that they are forward-thinking and future-focused with a clear link to the overall Ozwater theme of ‘Thirst for Action’. We want delegates to finish their day being challenged, inspired and engaged through great workshop/panel content.
The EOI is seeking the following information:
- Session Type
- Which Sub-Theme the workshop / panel links to
- Proposed Title
- Short Description of proposed workshop / panel including intended audience and objective
- How the workshop / panel links to the overall theme of ‘Thirst for Action’
- Intent for the type of speakers you would be aiming to secure if shortlisted
Preferred Workshop / Panel Topics
THEME 3: GOVERNANCE CHALLENGES & SOLUTIONS
THEME 4: ENGAGING & WORKING WITH CUSTOMERS
THEME 5: RURAL, REMOTE AND REGIONAL WATER
THEME 6: DIVERSITY, INCLUSION & EQUITY
THEME 7: INDUSTRY SAFETY & WELLBEING
THEME 8: PUBLIC HEALTH
THEME 9: RESILIENCE & WATER SECURITY
THEME 10: ACHIEVING A CIRCULAR ECONOMY
THEME 11: WILDCARD
How to Submit
Click here to fill out the EOI form
Timeline / Terms and Conditions
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted/outcome of submission will be advised by Early November 2019
- Complete list of speakers/panellists is then required by Late November 2019
- Speaker list and content will be peer-reviewed, and successful candidates will be contacted by early January 2020
- All speakers will need to confirm registration by Friday, 31 January 2020
- Speakers have the option to access discounted presentation conference rates; or
- Workshop / Panel only access allows speakers to attend the exhibition and only the workshop/panel they are presenting at free of charge (subject to the chair being registered)
- Headshot and 100-word biography submission by Friday, 31 January 2020
- Confirm description and speakers for the printed program booklet by Friday, 27 March 2020
- PowerPoint presentation by Wednesday, 15 April 2020 (to be included in the conference proceedings/applies to all Ozwater’20 presentation types)
- The facilitator/chair will need to provide a single PowerPoint presentation for the workshop or panel
- Electronic material for delegates submitted by Wednesday, 15 April 2020 (this is optional)
- All electronic material will be provided via email to all attendees as they enter your session
- Any hard copy handouts will need to be printed by the organisers and distributed on the day. AWA will not be able to provide any printing support
- Confirm that the workshop or panel has not been previously presented in any other form. This must be confirmed at time of submission.
- Confirm copyright ownership and originality of the paper and the work
- Be available to present during Ozwater’20 in Adelaide, Australia during 5 - 7 May 2020