Call for Workshops & Panels now open!
Submission Due Date: Friday, 8 February
Download detailed information and submission template here
Ozwater’19 will feature a refreshed workshop & panel program based on feedback from Ozwater’18. Here are the key features of the workshop / panel program for Ozwater’19:
• The program will have a more curated approach to ensure that the quality is high and that the sessions deliver outcomes for delegates. Selected workshops / panels will be allocated an Ozwater Program committee member who will review and provide feedback as the session is finalised.
• Preferred topics are highlighted below to ensure differentiation from the technical papers and a well-rounded Ozwater program.
• The workshops & panels will be scheduled on day one (Tuesday, 7 May) and day two (Wednesday, 8 May) only.
• The workshops & panels will all run from 4.00pm-5.30pm for a 90-minute duration. Delegates will pick their technical sessions from 8 streams during the day and then following afternoon tea will be able to select an interactive workshop/panel to attend to round out the day.
• The vision for the workshops/panels is that they are forward-thinking and future-focused with a clear link to the overall Ozwater theme of ‘Transforming our World’. We want delegates to finish their day being challenged, inspired and engaged through great workshop/panel content.
What is the Ozwater Program Planning Committee looking for in the submissions?
• A structure that is interactive and engaging.
• A speaker line-up that combines both water sector knowledge and outside sector expertise to challenge thinking and spark new ideas.
• A speaker line-up that showcases diversity through gender balance, and diversity in terms of where speakers are from, age, ethnicity, disability, etc.
• A structure that enables there to be an outcome at the end of the session that can be shared with all attendees.
Preferred Workshop / Panel Topics
These topics / content areas have been highlighted by the program planning committee as preferred for the workshop / panel program. Content that sits outside these topics is also welcome and will be evaluated on an equal basis.
• Water and the Circular Economy
• Waste to Energy / Resource Recovery / Waste Management – what is the water sector’s role?
• Water Efficiency / New supply vs reduced demand
• Implementing SDG transformation
• Supply of safe water in Australia to achieve SDG6
• Climate Change
• Water for food, people & place – managing the diverse needs for water
• The future of water in peri-urban environments
• Funding models & investment to support rural, remote & regional areas
• Transferring skills & knowledge to rural, remote & regional areas
• Maintaining community trust in an environment of reduced trust
• Governance, integrity & trust in institutions
• Disruptors and megatrends in shaping cities of the future
• Non-residential role of water in sustainable business
• Mental Health
• Industry safety & wellbeing
• Fostering diversity & inclusion
Any queries should be directed to the AWA National Events Team on 02 9436 0055 or by emailing email@example.com