Please note the following important submission guidelines:
- Ozwater’19 submissions may be amended or withdrawn before Monday, 24 September 2018.
- You must select from the list of conference themes in which your submission fits.
- You must select the correct template and follow all formatting instructions in the submission template.
- The title should be clear and concise (under 20 words).
- You may submit more than one abstract, case study, or video pitch.
- Presenters can only feature in the Ozwater’19 program once as an oral speaker. If multiple submissions are selected, an alternative presenter will be required.
- By submitting an abstract, case study, or video pitch, it will be assumed that all authors have consented to its submission and that all copyright provisions listed here have been met.
- If accepted, you understand that a full paper is compulsory (including from video pitch submissions)
- The paper accepted into the Ozwater’19 program must not have been presented or published previously.
- Abstracts & full papers will appear online as submitted by the requested due dates.
- Submissions must be based on outcomes, not future projects.
- Ozwater is the leading water sector conference in Australia and as such, the quality of presentation delivery should be of the highest standard.
- Any submission of a commercial or marketing nature will not be accepted. A product pitch option will be launched later.
Abstract Selection Criteria
All abstracts for technical papers, case studies and video pitches are industry peer-reviewed by water industry professionals and academics and scored based on the below criteria. Australian Water Association staff are not involved with the reviewing process.
Top-scoring abstracts are then sent to the Ozwater’19 program committee for an additional review to ensure that they meet the Ozwater’19 themes and a draft program is established.
Technical papers, case studies and video pitches for consideration for oral presentations are judged on:
- Relationship and significance to the themes of the conference
- Contribution to the water sector
- Technical and case study content
- Interest and significance to the Ozwater audience
- Status of the project
- Quality (spelling, grammar and layout, and for videos that sound & visuals are clear)